Join us on Friday, December 2 for Sewickley’s Annual Light Up Night Celebration! The SOI will open at 5pm, and we will have a fire barrel and are open to the public. Stop by and have a Ricci’s Italian Sausage or Mary’s Meatball Sub to support our fundraising campaign. T-shirts will also be available for purchase. Finally, don’t forget to renew your membership! New members will be $50, and all renewals will be $40. See the Forms and Dues page for information. See you on Friday!
Ciao a tutti (Hello Everyone),
We are half way through the month of October.
- How many times have you proudly worn your SOI t-shirt?
- Have you shared something Italian on Social Media?
- Did you look at the links I sent in the email 2 weeks ago?
- Below I attached Heinz History Center’s Bollettino which includes a few lectures and programs coming up in the next 2-3 weeks. If you attend one, send us some feedback!
Here is one more way to follow the Italian-American Heritage: The National Order has a YouTube Channel that you can subscribe to for free. Here is the link & a link to their Save-Columbus-Day movement!
Subscribe to the National SOI’s Youtube Channel (it is free)
We need YOU to help collect items to archive the The Sewickley Area Italian Heritage Archive Project history. This will also help us collect artifacts in commemoration of our 100th Anniversary in 1924. Please see the “Archive Project” tab at the top of the page, or Click Here to redirect you! It is important that we maintain a robust record of our Italian heritage and the individuals that established and maintained the Loggia Nicola Misasi Lodge #1277 for a century!
Please contact Jerry Veshio (email@example.com 412-716-5452) for any questions you may have. We need YOUR help to collect these artifacts in order to preserve our history for years to come!
As always, see you at The Club!
Please note that the SOI will now be closed for the Steelers vs. KC Playoff game tonight at 8:15pm. We made this decision due to the 6-10″ of snow that is expected to fall over the course of this evening. We apologize for any inconvenience this causes, and we hope you stay safe and warm!
We hope you had a beautiful Christmas – Buon Natale!
As December comes to an end we have a few more days we are open! Buon Anno!
Thursday, Dec. 30
- FYI: club opens every Thursday at 5pm.
- This week come cheer on PITT Panthers in the Peach Bowl at 7pm
Friday, Dec. 31 New Year’s Eve Social
- Club opens at 7pm
- Venise would love to see you any time.
- Stop for a drink (or two) befoer or after dinner.
- If you plan to ring in the New Year at the club.
- The club will have complimentary Prosecco @ midnight.
- Feel free to bring a snack too.
Saturday, January 1, 2022
- Since it is a Saturday, we thought we would open.
- Club opens at 7pm
- If we have some extra prosecco from midnight, we’ll toast 2022 with you.
Monday, January 3, 2022
- We have to open for the Steelers Game versus Cleveland Browns.
- Club will open at 7pm for 8:15 kickoff.
Tonight is the SOI’s annual Christmas Party! This night is to celebrate our members for the holidays and to bring together the group that keeps our Italian heritage strong and alive in Sewickley. Our doors open at 5pm, and dinner will begin at 6pm. As a reminder, no guests are permitted, and an RSVP (previously sent out through email) is required to attend. We can’t wait to see you tonight!
Our upcoming holiday events for November and December are as follows:
💁♀️Thursday, November 18 Ladies ONLY Night – Theme Warm & Cozy 5pm – 10 pm
🏈Sunday November 21 – Club opens at 7 for 8:20 Kickoff Steelers @ Chargers
🦃Wednesday, November 24 ‘Twas the Night before Thanksgiving. We will be open for this busy night at 5pm. Please remember to sign-in your out-of-town guests.
🏈Sunday, Nov 28 Steelers Game – Club opens at 12pm for 1pm Kickoff @ Bangles
🎇Friday, December 3 Sewickley’s Light-up Night – Mary’s Meatballs are back & so is Ricci’s Sausage sandwiches
🏈Sunday, Dec 5 Steelers Game – Club opens at 3pm for 4:25pm Kickoff vs Ravens
🏈Thursday Night Football, Dec 9 – Club always opens at 5pm on Thursdays – Kickoff @ Vikings at 8:20
🎄Saturday, December 11 SOI Christmas Party
💁♀️Thursday, December 16 Ladies ONLY Night – Theme TBA
🕺Friday, December 17 John Munizza Night 3.0
📆Friday, December 31 New Year’s Eve Party
🎆Saturday, January 1 – Yes, we are open
We’ll see you at the SOI! 😊
The SOI Street Festival is back! On Saturday, Sept. 25, the Club will open at 5pm for 6pm dinner of chicken and hot sausage. We are going to set-up the street for the party. Tables and chairs will be on the street in front of the Club, and the food will be set up downstairs. Volunteers to set up are always welcome! Email La Presidente, Sandra, at firstname.lastname@example.org to help!
We are running this free event for MEMBERS ONLY.
We are asking you to RSVP and bring a side or dessert.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE – Complete this form to let us know how many members are coming! We can’t wait to see you there!
Also, the Steelers Game this Sunday, Sept. 26 Steelers vs Bengals club opens at noon. We have a special guest bartender, Tomasina, for this event!
Tonight, the Steelers host the Dallas Cowboys in the first pre-season game of the 21-22 season. The club opens at 5pm, and kickoff is at 8pm. Dust off that Steelers jersey, and stop by early for some chaps & dip! Football is back! 🏈
The Sewickley SOI has re-opened with certain precautions in place due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Please follow these rules that are in place for our volunteers’ and members’ safety.
- MEMBERS ONLY until further notice. Sorry, NO GUESTS are permitted in the SOI at this time.
- If you have not renewed your membership by now, you will be required to fill out a new member application.
- All new member applications will be reviewed at the monthly general meetings. New members must wait for their membership to be approved at these meetings before being able to patron the SOI. Please see the Forms and Dues page for more information.
- Members that are fully vaccinated are not required to wear a mask, but those that are unvaccinated or partially vaccinated must wear a mask in the premise at all times. Please maintain social distancing, within reason.